navigation suggestions

Discussion specific to projects ideas and support.
skuumm

navigation suggestions

Post by skuumm »

Hohoho,

I would like to make a ROBOT navigation system, based on stickers on the floor.

eg. a zone divided into 100x100 tiles, at the center of each tile there is a sticker/QR/Barcode/what ever containing the coordinates (33,45) - The coordinates should be readable from the robot - and the obot should use the information to report position and navigate to the next waypoint....

Is that technical possible the the standard sensors from LEGO, I'm stuck, and can't find any solution..

any hints
aswin0

Re: navigation suggestions

Post by aswin0 »

Hi,

You could take a look at the monster chess. They marked each field with 4 colors and used a color sensor to read it.

Aswin
My blog: nxttime.wordpress.com
hassenplug

Re: navigation suggestions

Post by hassenplug »

skuumm wrote:Hohoho,

I would like to make a ROBOT navigation system, based on stickers on the floor.

eg. a zone divided into 100x100 tiles, at the center of each tile there is a sticker/QR/Barcode/what ever containing the coordinates (33,45) - The coordinates should be readable from the robot - and the obot should use the information to report position and navigate to the next waypoint....

Is that technical possible the the standard sensors from LEGO, I'm stuck, and can't find any solution..

any hints
Like aswin0 said, we did something like that with Monster Chess: http://www.teamhassenplug.org/monsterchess/

The strategy was kind of simple: 4 squares; one determines the orientation (always the same color, and same position); the other three form a unique combination of colors.

Does that help?

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->