RS485 NXT-G Block

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
karimvirani

Re: RS485 NXT-G Block

Post by karimvirani »

milluzaj, any progress being made? eagerly awaiting the next version that sounded so imminent in March. hoping to use it in a dual-brain robot I'm building.

Many Thanks,

karim
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

haydenstudios wrote: Here are the image files that I used when applying the icon to this block, along with a few screenshots of this block in action, and the image that I normally would have put into the configuration panel if I knew how to edit the "Config RS485.vi" file.
If you want to edit VI (virtual instrument) files you need to install LabVIEW v7.1 and the NXT Toolkit. I have modified the block's icon files for you. You will need to upload the attached file with the Block Import and Export Wizard. If it asks you if you want to replace the old block, click yes.

EDIT: Sorry about the misplaced config panel image. I have updated the attachment with the fixed version. :D EDIT: Again :?
Attachments
RS485.zip
The RS485 block with haydenstudio's icons installed
(111.93 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
Last edited by bungeshea on 30 Apr 2011, 06:22, edited 4 times in total.
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

studbrickmaster wrote:
haydenstudios wrote: RS485icon.zip
Here are the image files that I used when applying the icon to this block, along with a few screenshots of this block in action, and the image that I normally would have put into the configuration panel if I knew how to edit the "Config RS485.vi" file.
If you want to edit VI (virtual instrument) files you need to install LabVIEW v7.1 and the NXT Toolkit. I have modified the block's icon files for you. You will need to upload the attached file with the Block Import and Export Wizard. If it asks you if you want to replace the old block, click yes.
Thanks for doing that, but would you mind making a little change please? :oops:
Since you were placing the image a little lower down in the configuration panel, those pieces of grey color in the icon look out of place, would you mind changing them to the blue color surrounding it and then re-upload that? That way, it would look better.

This picture should show you what I mean: Image
Thanks, if you're up to it.
-Hayden
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

haydenstudios wrote:Thanks for doing that, but would you mind making a little change please? :oops:
Since you were placing the image a little lower down in the configuration panel, those pieces of grey color in the icon look out of place, would you mind changing them to the blue color surrounding it and then re-upload that? That way, it would look better.
Sorry, I don't know what came over me, putting it so low in the config panel. I have placed the new icon in the same place as the old one. You can download the fixed version from my original post. :D

PS: Great icons! I can't use this block because I only have 1 NXT :cry:, but I keep this block in my advanced palette just so I can look at it sometimes. :?
Last edited by bungeshea on 16 Sep 2011, 05:10, edited 1 time in total.
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

Thanks for solving that except for one problem, now I don't see the configureation panel pop up at all. I'm sure it's a minor error, but would you mind fixing that? I've tried hovering over it, clicking on it, nothing. And when I import an older version, it works fine.
-Hayden
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

haydenstudios wrote:Thanks for solving that except for one problem, now I don't see the configuration panel pop up at all. I'm sure it's a minor error, but would you mind fixing that? I've tried hovering over it, clicking on it, nothing. And when I import an older version, it works fine.
Sorry, it is fixed now. If you have any more problems, you can PM me and they will get fixed quicker, or you can download your own version of LabVIEW here. :D
Attachments
RS485.zip
(111.93 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

Very good. I'm glad that we finally got it fixed, and thank you for the link. I hope that Andy doesn't mind all this messing with his block.
-Hayden
bazmati

Post by bazmati »

haydenstudios wrote:I managed to work around this bug by converting the string into a number, and feeding that number into a tab viewed number switch block

you're a genius,,, that should solve my problem
https://picasaweb.google.com/bazmati/PR ... 1871860626
I: /. 7.
bazmarc - bazmati - bazergui
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

bazmati wrote:
haydenstudios wrote:I managed to work around this bug by converting the string into a number, and feeding that number into a tab viewed number switch block

you're a genius,,, that should solve my problem
https://picasaweb.google.com/bazmati/PR ... 1871860626
Good! I'm glad that I could help someone out. I am very curious as to why it has been so long since we were told that version 2.0 of his block would come out tomorrow relative to that post, yet nearly two months later it is still yet to come out.
-Hayden
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

There is another way to convert String to Numeric in NXT-G...
Text To Number.JPG
Text To Number My Block.zip
(123.82 KiB) Downloaded 564 times