MindBOARDS NXT-G Block Repository

Any feedback to improve the content of this site is appreciated!
bungeshea

MindBOARDS NXT-G Block Repository

Post by bungeshea »

We need a MindBOARDS NXT-G Block Repository!
I have searched the web trying to find out where you can get NXT-G blocks (now that NXTasy has failed)
Old NXTasy Repository

Some blocks are available here and here , but they don't have descriptions and are not sorted.

The Legacy Blocks, Mini Blocks and the Color Lamp & Color Sensor blocks are available from the official LEGO Education site

Some blocks are available from the Team Hassenplug site

Michael Gasperi's Homebrew NXT-G Blocks

Third Party Sensor blocks HiTechnic and Mindsensors

I still need the Music Box block- Used to be available from Avid Programmer (what happened to that site anyway?!)
And the Memory Level, Array Block and Average blocks.

If you have the ZIP files of blocks that are not available from the links, could you please attach them. If you have deleted the ZIP file but you still have the blocks in your palette you can recover the ZIP files with the Block Import and Export wizard- Just click on the 'Manage' tab, select the block you want and click on export. LINK

EDIT: Most blocks now available here- http://box.net/mindboards/
Block tutorials coming soon to here- http://nxtguide.webs.com/

Note: Edits are in red.
Attachments
LMS Array Blocks.zip
Jason King's array blocks
(586.49 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
Advanced Display Text.zip
Advanced Display Text- created by Guy Ziv
(227.34 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
Last edited by bungeshea on 14 Jun 2011, 07:00, edited 6 times in total.
muntoo

Re: MindBOARDS NXT-G Block Repository

Post by muntoo »

Check out box.net/mindboards. Navigate to "Main Repository\NXT-G Blocks\". This is where the "good stuff" (that Xander takes in the Netherlands) will be.

PM me (or another collaborator) with your email, if you want to become a collaborator, and you can start adding stuff. (Just make sure that the good stuff's legal ...er I mean: Open Source or Redistributable.)

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

bit.ly/MindstormsSE

bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

Does any one have the Memory Level block or the Music Box Block? I really need them! See post 1 for instructions on how to Export Blocks.
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

I think I have the Memory Level block somewhere on a computer I won't be able to access until easter. I've never heard of the Music Box Block, though.

BTW, can you extract the Average Block and Advanced Array Block* and post it on box.net/mindboards? I don't have NXT-G on this computer.

*Alternative URLs, in case that one doesn't work:
LINK 1 LINK 2

More .rbt files to try:
omni.rbt
SimpleArrayProgram.rbt
average_sound.rbt

bit.ly/MindstormsSE

bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

muntoo wrote:I think I have the Memory Level block somewhere on a computer I won't be able to access until easter. I've never heard of the Music Box Block, though.
The Music Box Block used to be avalible from a site called Avid Programmer. It allows you to compose whole songs with only one block. I heard about it on a project on NXTlog (there is a link to it on my first post). Sadly, I never knew about NXTasy and Avid Programmer until recently, so I was not able to get any of the NXT-G blocks. The site they gave on the NXTlog was http://lego.avidprogrammer.com/ with a derect link to the block at http://lego.avidprogrammer.com/legos/mu ... sicBox.zip. Also I couldn't get the omni.rbt link to work.
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

muntoo wrote: BTW, can you extract the Average Block and Advanced Array Block* and post it on box.net/mindboards? I don't have NXT-G on this computer.

*Alternative URLs, in case that one doesn't work:
LINK 1 LINK 2

More .rbt files to try:
omni.rbt
SimpleArrayProgram.rbt
average_sound.rbt
Umm... I dont have the Array Block or the Average Block. The only programs I could download were ArraySample, average_sound and SimpleArrayProgram. (I do have the Simple 1D Array block though)
nxtreme

Post by nxtreme »

I have the memory level block on my computer, but unfortunately the Windows partition crashed... something about bad registry files :x. So, it will be a while before I can get them too you, if I'm able to at all. Sorry!
One King to rule them all, One King to find them,
One King to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
On Earth where Shadows lie.
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

studbrickmaster wrote:Umm... I dont have the Array Block or the Average Block. The only programs I could download were ArraySample, average_sound and SimpleArrayProgram. (I do have the Simple 1D Array block though)
For some reason the omni.rbt isn't working, but I guess it might not have anything new, so here are the other .rbts that I could get.

bit.ly/MindstormsSE