Who can write the best program?

Discussion specific to projects ideas and support.
jaspy

Who can write the best program?

Post by jaspy »

I have built this NXT line follower but due to my lack of programming knowledge :oops: , have been unable to program it to follow a line at any great speed or smoothness. Images are attached, sorry they are so huge.
If anyone wants to give programming it a go, post your program (NXT-G only please) in the reply. Please can it automatically calibrate light sensors so that program will run in any light conditions. I will make videos of all the programs in action and post them in this thread when I have a few shot. To make this fair, building replicas of my robot is not allowed.
Useful Information
NXT light sensor is port 3, RCX is 2
Motors are B + C, if program has B and C mixed up I will just swap the cables.

I know that this forum is up to the challenge.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
SAM_0642.JPG
(630.88 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
SAM_0641.JPG
(621.02 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
SAM_0640.JPG
(625.09 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Post edited by Mightor. Next time click on the "Place inline" button when using images this huge. Advising people to "paste them into word" is not an option.
HaWe

Re: Who can write the best program?

Post by HaWe »

could you please send smaller pictures? I can't recognize anything...
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

If you google "nxt-g line follower" you will find plenty of examples to choose from.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
doc222

Post by doc222 »

some great tips, but If you realy do not want to have people copy your work, you might not want to publish/post anything on the net. But if everyone did this then you would never find a program to copy for your project? "Imitation is the highest form of flattery" being open source does more to further anything then closed doors.

have fun, play well

Doc
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
Albert Einstein
jaspy

Post by jaspy »

doc-helmut wrote:could you please send smaller pictures? I can't recognize anything...
Any idea how?
jaspy

Post by jaspy »

doc222 wrote:some great tips, but If you realy do not want to have people copy your work, you might not want to publish/post anything on the net. But if everyone did this then you would never find a program to copy for your project? "Imitation is the highest form of flattery" being open source does more to further anything then closed doors.

have fun, play well

Doc

I don't mind having people copy my work, but I think it would be more fun if people did not know how their program was going to turn out.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

jaspy wrote:
doc-helmut wrote:could you please send smaller pictures? I can't recognize anything...
Any idea how?
Open them with a picture editing program, and save them smaller.
jaspy wrote:I don't mind having people copy my work, but I think it would be more fun if people did not know how their program was going to turn out.
So, you think that we can do any better than you? If we can't have the hardware to program, have fun trying to get any programs at all. Also note, that most of us here prefer NXC (or another non-graphic language) over NXT-G. I am just saying, that if you want a working program with "any great speed or smoothness", I think you should encourage others to copy the hardware.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
jaspy

Post by jaspy »

h-g-t wrote:There is a simple block here http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/NXTGAdditions.html
I have built and programmed a few single light sensor bots, but this one has 2 light sensors, one NXT and one RCX, I am trying to use both together and that is why I am having problems.
jaspy

Post by jaspy »

If it gets me a good program, feel free to copy the robot,
And to view the images at a smaller size, copy and paste them into Word or something similar.