NXT Newbie needs lots of help with Tilted Twister!

Share your building instructions or ask questions about constructing your robot
swaser

NXT Newbie needs lots of help with Tilted Twister!

Post by swaser »

Hello,

I decided to buy myself an NXT 2.0 for xmas. To show it off, I built the Tilted Twister machine with the instructions and file from tiltedtwister.com.

After reviewing the robot several times, updating the sensors and the firmware, I cannot get this to work. Sometimes it (the arm that flips the cube) will not even position the cube all the way in the tray, and the colors are all out of whack. Sometimes one side will get done correctly but others won't.

Anyone have any advice or experience with this? Cannot find anyone with similar issues in the forums.

Thanks SOOOOO much.

Swaser
dad-and-adam

Re: NXT Newbie needs lots of help with Tilted Twister!

Post by dad-and-adam »

Hi,
I don't have experience with the Tilted Twister but have a suggestion.
Is there a way to verify that the sensor is initially detecting the correct colors?

Dave
charis997

Post by charis997 »

Hi Swaser,

I also played with Tilted Twister. As I understood your problem, your TT never solved the cube correctly. To solve the cube there are two important issues where TT is not 100% reliable.
1. read colors
NXT 2.0 color sensor is very good in recognizing basic lego colors as red, yellow, blue, green ... but colors on the standard rubik cube are different.
usually TT has problems to recognize between dark red and bright orange.
Try to run TT in dark.
2. flipping
my experience is that TT sometimes doesnt flip the cube successfully. One wrong move in a sequence will never finish with solved cube.
I made some improvement in a construction and in the code. I got success rate 1:3 but never managed 100%. They are described in my post
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/mind ... t=72#p1910

Charis
swaser

Post by swaser »

Thanks a lot to both of you! Not sure how to verify color ID.

Mine also confuses blue/green and white/yellow.

Thanks!