Blue Tooth

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
whatch

Blue Tooth

Post by whatch »

The bluetooth device compatability list seems to have disappered any one know what happenen to it or have copy they can post

david perdue's book recomended a d link device dbt-120 has anyone tried it are there other comatable devices

i run xp pro i have nxt 2.0

any help appreciated
Bill
aagruntpuddock

Re: Blue Tooth

Post by aagruntpuddock »

I bought a cheap Bluetooth unit through ebay and it worked first time.

I have read recommendations that the native Windows drivers be used rather than whatever came with the device. I used both without problems.
haydenstudios

Post by haydenstudios »

This bluetooth dongle here http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=9847 will definitely work with your NXT.
Last edited by haydenstudios on 07 Jan 2011, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
-Hayden
aagruntpuddock

Post by aagruntpuddock »

Well, I have only used usb on this computer (Win 7) but thought I would try Bluetooth. Just to prove the point I tried connecting Bluetooth with my £0.99 dongle from ebay and had loadsa problems, some I think due to the fact that my front panel usb connections tend to drop out and reconnect intermittently. It did connect at once but dropped out again almost immediately and that was that.

Retried with my slightly more expensive ebay model (I think it cost about £1.25) connected to the rear usb port and the program could still not connect.

I deleted all my contacts on the brick then clicked on the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar and a popup window appeared, asking if I wanted to add the NXT as a device. Once I clicked on 'yes' I had no trouble connecting to NXT-G.

I then put my tiny £0.99 dongle back on and it worked! Seems to be procedure rather than hardware which is causing the difficulties. When I tried on my last computer both the dongle and brick were new so there were no existing contacts or such to cause confusion and that worked straight away.

I think that you might have to create separate connections for each user on NXT-G but I am not sure about that.
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

From the LEGO web site:

"the NXT works best with dongles with the Cambridge Silicone Radio (CSR) chipset".

If you can check the chipset, CSR works best.

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

Make sure you have the Fantom Drivers.

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit