Trouble calibrating NXT 2.0 Light Sensor

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
rwkahn3

Trouble calibrating NXT 2.0 Light Sensor

Post by rwkahn3 »

Hello all,
I am new to robotics and am having trouble calibrating my light sensor. I have downloaded the program form the NXT Mindstorms software from compute onto my brick. When I try to run the program from the brick, it gives me max and min values of 1023 and does not seem to be reading the environment light at all. It is just stuck.

When I navigate in the brick menu through the try me menu to the "Try Light" button, a high-pitched piercing sounds occurs.
When I go to the View menu on the brick to either the reflected light or ambient light setting- it seems stuck on 100% and does not change with various light conditions.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Bob
mcsummation

Re: Trouble calibrating NXT 2.0 Light Sensor

Post by mcsummation »

NXT 2.0 has a "color sensor". 1.0 has a "light sensor". They are different sensors. Could that be your problem?
rwkahn3

Post by rwkahn3 »

Maybe- I am not sure. Doesn't it have both a color and and a light sensor? I am a bit frustrated.
Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
mcsummation

Post by mcsummation »

The "try-light" is for the 1.0 light sensor.

I have both the "light" and "color" sensors and the "try-light" only responds properly to the "1.0 light sensor".

Also, the "reflected light" and "ambient light" programs are for the 1.0 light sensor.

The 2.0 color sensor can be used to either recognize one of the 6 specified colors or light intensity, but you need to be using the color sensor functions, not the "light" functions.