wishlist for BricxCC

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
nxtboyiii

Re: wishlist for BricxCC

Post by nxtboyiii »

That would be nice if there was a way for the NXT screen tool to display the frame before it in a lighter shade so things could look blurred so I could use grayscale.
Thanks, and have a nice day,
nxtboy III

programnxt.com
nxtboyiii

Post by nxtboyiii »

That would be nice if there was a way for the NXT screen tool to display the frame before it in a lighter shade so things could look blurred so I could use grayscale.
Thanks, and have a nice day,
nxtboy III

programnxt.com
HaWe

Post by HaWe »

but again, not to watering it down - the following would be the most important issue of all:
doc-helmut wrote:to bump this:
doc-helmut wrote:it would be very nice and convenient if we were able to work with 2, 3, or 4 permanently USB-connected bricks and their related NXC programs simulateously (particularly using specific program download/start and TOOLS-features like NXT screen, NXT Explorer,...) without having to disconnect or to unplug and re-plug any USB-cables (e.g., starting several instances of BCC, with each instance dedicated to 1 specific brick).
will this be possible in the near future?
I would really appreciate this when working with my BT network with over all up to 4 bricks. A unique USB ID (e.g., via sth like a MAC address?) maybe would help.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

Edit: in reply to Helmut's post about keeping virtual buttons:

How about that is optional. You can use the arrow keys, and since it only works while in the menu system anyhow, it seems pretty pointless (you can't even exit a running program by "pressing" EXIT).
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

And I do agree - Multiple NXT support would be handy... especially if you could use NXT Screen tool for all of them at once. As it is, I just use two computers with a shared mouse and keyboard.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
HaWe

Post by HaWe »

I don't have 2 computers available at the same room,
but I actually would need 4 computers on 1 worktable for 4 NXTs connected by BT :o
or 5 or 6 computers when some day a rs485 network finally will work for 5, or 6, or more NXTs ..... :shock:

(and yes, multi-NXT Bricxcc instances of course also please with all additional NXT tools (Explorer, Screen, ...) for each of them 8-)
afanofosc
Site Admin

Post by afanofosc »

Perhaps you could simply run multiple copies of BricxCC?

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
HaWe

Post by HaWe »

edit / typo corrected:
but having connected 4 bricks by USB how can I assign each single brick to a certaim instance of BCC?
afanofosc
Site Admin

Post by afanofosc »

I suspect you could do that with an alias in your nxt.dat file or by using the full brick resource string. I've not ever tried this. Have you ever had 4 NXTs connected to your PC via usb at once?

John
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
HaWe

Post by HaWe »

no, actually not, I was afraid to get all mixed up especially because I couldn't recognize any MAC address or anything to be stored when connecting 1 instance with 1 brick.