Compass Sensor

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
loopymech

Re: Compass Sensor

Post by loopymech »

mattallen37 wrote:Open a new program and drag the block into it. Go to the block settings panel, and in the "port" line, all the way to the right, there is a triangle. Click on that. Then on the left, there is a check box "MUX -> sensor" Check that, then uncheck it. Again, click on the triangle on the right, and you should have the calibrate option.

Don't ask me why you need to do that for it to work, or how I somehow figured it out, I have no idea.
Whoa, that's buggy (makes me glad I am learning NXC). Nice find...I won't ask. :?

-L
andrea-povo-uni

Re: Compass Sensor

Post by andrea-povo-uni »

Hi,
Yesterday I sent an email with the problem of calibration to the support of HiTechnic. They answered me after an hour.
It's a problem of their sensor block. They'll replace the compass sensor block on the web in future. There is already a beta version the Compass Sensor Block 2.1 and they sent it to me.
So I have succeeded to calibrate the compass sensor! Finally I can use it! :D
For mattallen37: I don't try if your combination works but I really would like to know how you have found it... :-P
Now I can go ahead with my job but I would like to understand how to calibrate the sensor with nxc. Unfortunately mattallen37's suggestion didn't help me so much. Maybe I'm not quite expert... An example would be pleasant if someone knows how to do.

For now thanks a lot for the answers to all of you.
Happy Holydays!