NXC Error : Invalid Opcode : stopthread

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
afanofosc
Site Admin

Re: NXC Error : Invalid Opcode : stopthread

Post by afanofosc »

If downloading the firmware results in a ticking NXT you just need to immediately repeat the download. If you don't repeat the download you can repeat it later but you will have to ignore the fact that BricxCC says it can't connect to the brick. The Download firmware option on the Tools menu is still available even when BricxCC says it can't connect to the brick. Just make sure you have chosen NXT as the brick type and "usb" as the port and the second download firmware should complete successfully. As Matt mentioned, the NXT is on even though there is nothing on the screen. It is in firmware download mode which is also known as SAM boot assistant mode (or SAMBA mode).

You can download the latest test release of bricxCC at http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/test_releases/. Just pick the zip with the latest date in its name. Extract the zip over your existing BricxCC install folder (normally program files\bricxcc or program files (x86)\bricxcc).

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
monxc

Re: NXC Error : Invalid Opcode : stopthread

Post by monxc »

Hello,

thanks very much for your help with this - I tried to download the firmware into the NXT a second time, but with no apparent change in the NXT behaviour, so I left it overnight and tried again this morning...it worked first time, so that was a relief :)

I was beginning to wonder how I was going to tell my college that I'd killed one of their NXTs :(

On a happier note, my code now compiles and downloads - now to see if my vehicle can figure its way out of the room...

Thanks again for your help and guidance with this,

Paul
---111 040 150 141 166 145 040 156 157 040 151 144 145 141 040 167 150 141 164 040 111 047 155 040 144 157 151 156 147 056 056 056---