Mindstorms Jeep

Discussion specific to projects ideas and support.
dunning17

Mindstorms Jeep

Post by dunning17 »

I have been having trouble with the Mindstorms Jeep programming. I am a noob and know nothing at all abut this, but i think my issue is somewhere in the steering and forward front wheel drive. I have been programming with the default Mindstorms programming software.
The two outside motors (NXT) drive the two wheels (Ports B/C) and the center motor, A, does the steering. The ultrasonic sensor is used to avoid walls and objects in the program here:
The two outside motors (NXT) drive the two wheels (Ports B/C) and the center motor, A, does the steering. The ultrasonic sensor is used to avoid walls and objects in the program here:
photo.JPG (31.09 KiB) Viewed 5057 times
The two outside motors are attached to the wheels with gears and the steering rig.
This is the main program. Basespeed defines an aerage speed for the drive motors (NXT motors)
This is the main program. Basespeed defines an aerage speed for the drive motors (NXT motors)
photo.JPG (23.18 KiB) Viewed 5057 times
The central reset block resets the steering by turning 84Ëš right and then 84Ëš left.

The wheel control block acts as a sort of computer differential for the drive system, running one wheel faster than the other. I have chacked both programs for errors, and I am not sure what do do next.
Last edited by dunning17 on 18 Jun 2011, 16:01, edited 2 times in total.
dunning17

Re: Mindstorms Jeep

Post by dunning17 »

BTW this is from NXT 2.0
pbenco

Re: Mindstorms Jeep

Post by pbenco »

Dear dunning17
As a mind reader CIA employee, i can say you that:
1 - Your description of your project is by far not complete, some pictures, shematic or description of what it is suppose to do, what is the design of mechanics, what is the langage you use, etc.
2 - If you want some help on a programmatic issue, share your program, because,once again, i'm the only one here able to read in your mind!

Seriously:
stearing with a car is requesting a command of the motor used, so you will probably need to identify the motor port, the angle of the command, or the speed, as you can command a motor by this 2 methods.
forward request another motor, and the requested data is the same, port and command.

Please share with us one or two pictures, showing the attachement of the stearing, and the motor prop construction. Are you using NXT motor, or Power Function ones? Differential or direct command, have you build some dumper structure, or is it a "flat" 4*4.

Regards
Benco
pbenco.wordpress.com/