rbt file for tilted twister mindstorms 2

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
nixtone

rbt file for tilted twister mindstorms 2

Post by nixtone »

Hi All,

I'm trying to help my son find a version of the tilted twister program that will run the beautiful machine he's built. I've searched high and low but
am from a generation in which programming and code are still unfamiliar skills :o :oops: :?: .

The available files I've found on the official site (tilted twister.com) are a different type (rxe and rso) to the normal rbt ones and the control brick doesn't seem to want to consider using them. He's done his part magnificently so any help I can get to do mine would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nick
timpattinson

Re: rbt file for tilted twister mindstorms 2

Post by timpattinson »

The .rxe file is an nxt executable, the raw file read by the firmware . This means it CAN be downloaded to the brick with the normal firmware but the code cannot be viewed or edited without a decompiler. (which, to the best of my knowledge, is not available for NXT)
You can send the rxe to the to the brick using the NXT-G, as described on the site.
The .rso files are sounds used in the program and can be downloaded to the NXT too, although they take up a lot of memory.
As far as I know, the program will work without them.
As for viewing the code, it is written in NXC so it (may) be too complicated for your son unless someone has produced NXT-G version
-Tim
Commit to Lego Mindstorms StackExchange Q&A http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/4105
Minboards IRC Channel #mindboards on Freenode
My blog: http://timpattinson.wordpress.com/
nixtone

Re: rbt file for tilted twister mindstorms 2

Post by nixtone »

Tim, thanks so much.

Every little gem like this so generously offered helps the rest of us catch up a little bit. I must have missed the bit on the site where they tell you how to send the rxe file to the brick.

I'll go back yet again to try and work it out, but it sounds like the brick should be recognising it as an executable file when I try to load it through the basic load program menus?

Thanx again

Nick