Searching a workaround to send legacy RCX program to RCX 1.5

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
tployaert

Searching a workaround to send legacy RCX program to RCX 1.5

Post by tployaert »

I have the following problem (config: Win XP under VirtualBox, RIS 1.5, serial tower, USB to serial cable) : i cannot download the firmware to the RCX via the LEGO software (it counts to 20 10 times and then aborts).

So i download firmware with nqc (Firmware download works fine with nqc. Brickcc programs work fine too.).

My only (and big) remaining problem is that I cannot download programs that exceed 4 or 5 steps (only!) with the LEGO IDE included in the lego box : it reports a communication error with a loud beep on the RCX.

I intercept the serial communication with the tower and i see the same data packets (57 bytes length, it tries 10 times) and then it abort.

It seems that the LEGO tower driver (i have found a rcxdrv.exe and a rcxcc.exe process in the bakground) is not as good as nqc's driver.

It seems that i am the only one in this situation and i have do all it has to be done (tower and RCX works well with nqc) ...

So i want to try workarounds :

- make my program with lego IDE, save it (.rcx file in plain text format), intercept compiled version of the rcx file and send it via NQC.
- make my program with lego IDE, save it (.rcx file in plain text format), compile it with NQC (is legacy .rcx file format supported by NQC) and send it via NQC.

Do you think it is possible ?
bksman

Re: Searching a workaround to send legacy RCX program to RCX

Post by bksman »

Try to use RIS v2.0 software to download the firmware and programs to RCX.

RIS v2.0 software -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/vrg2iajcv4uxkf3