Need HELP with the Fantom Drivers for NXT!!

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
Stryker295

Need HELP with the Fantom Drivers for NXT!!

Post by Stryker295 »

So I set up a windows machine and went to the downloads page on the current Lego site. http://www.lego.com/en-us/mindstorms/downloads

This had a link to "Download the NXT Fantom Driver" http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/mindstorm ... rivers.zip

However, whenever I download this and run it, I get an error! It's missing an MSI file necessary to install its own drivers.

Apparently there's a /Products/ folder in with with three installations: 32bit, 64bit, and 64bit support, the latter of which is supposed to run when you click Setup or Autorun.

However, the installer in the 64bit support folder is nonexistent. I even downloaded this on someone else's computer and ran it to verify—it seems the download itself is messed up.

Does ANYONE have the driver? I've gone through 3 VMs and 2 computers trying to figure this out and eventually realized it was a problem with the driver itself.

P.S. For anyone suggesting I install the other one, that doesn't install the Fantom driver, just a generic winusb driver that adds the NXT as an object for windows to recognize.
—Jag
floydbloke

Re: Need HELP with the Fantom Drivers for NXT!!

Post by floydbloke »

DIsclaimer: haven't tried to install any of these myself...
...but
Are you sure that the 64bit support folder is supposed to have it's own installer/msi associated with it. looking at the filenames they appear to be region/language files, possible used by the 'actual' 64 bit driver/installer?

Just a thought.
Stryker295

Post by Stryker295 »

Download the driver and run it for yourself.
—Jag
floydbloke

Post by floydbloke »

You've got me intrigued now.
Will try it at home within the next few days.
Stryker295

Post by Stryker295 »

The error is simply that it's missing the MSI file from the path /products/... and points to the folder that doesn't have an MSI file. It then tells me to fix my configuration file. ._.
—Jag
gloomyandy

Post by gloomyandy »

Try the download from the RobotC site, I think that will work (it is what we tell leJOS users to use).
Stryker295

Post by Stryker295 »

Someone solved this in another thread, they had it stored on their computer and they provided a link (:
—Jag