Best Robot Idea Ever!!

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
nxtreme

Re: Best Robot Idea Ever!!

Post by nxtreme »

linmix wrote:Maybe that also depends on how you design and build. I have had GBC modules working for 10 hours over the course of two days and not sustaining any noticeable damage whereas others did show signs of wear, but only after really long periods of continuous use.
Very, very true. I was talking specifically about two tank like models I built. One easily weighed three-four kilos and all the power to drive it around went through two axles (one for each side). Poor design was the culprit there; I was in a rush and didn't have time to experiment with different drive trains. The other was a much lighter version of the previous model, weighing in at about 2 kilos. I geared it up and again, poor design was probably the main problem :). If properly designed (I'll mention 222Doc and his biped models here) you can have huge creations stomping (well, tip-toeing) around your house with little to no wear. Although 222Doc will say that it's taken quite a few of broken gears to get to where he is now ;).

Sorry, I'm making this topic go OT. My apologies.
One King to rule them all, One King to find them,
One King to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
On Earth where Shadows lie.
doc222

Re: Best Robot Idea Ever!!

Post by doc222 »

If you have a extra few NXTs, power it could be used along time.

NEVER use a petrol based Lub, Silicon grease and oil and things go on for a long long time.

I have a box of twisted, broken, bent, cracked parts now lol. You never know when things go bad and when they do parts break. Hardly ever do they break do to making it too weak, no my mistakes that break things is when you tell say a Knee to rotate. 360 degrees when it can only turn 180. Huston we have a problem. Its that sound of snapping and cracking that sends shivers up your back.

Doc, "keeps a close to off button and a hand on the power plug"
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
Albert Einstein