Sudden Build Error

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
muntoo

Re: Sudden Build Error

Post by muntoo »

spillerrec wrote: But if you really care about efficiency, program in NBC, NXC compilation just is too inefficient... So using const is probably a better idea.
My guess is: the output NBC code does use const for "magic numbers", as it may need help in figuring out what type the number is (float/int/etc), and optimize better. Or something like that. Nevermind. :)
@nxt-ai,
I don't really know, but I think the error might be with connecting and transferring the program to the NXT and not the NXC code.
@nxt-ai Does simply compiling to an .rxe work? What have you tried? What did you do (exactly) to get the error?

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit
afanofosc
Site Admin

Post by afanofosc »

nxt-ai wrote: Does anyone know what
The compiler wrote:Error: NXT Error #92
make: *** [download] Error 255
Command /usr/bin/make failed with exit code 2
Means?
I have no clue other than that something went wrong in your makefile. Can you run it manually from a command prompt aka terminal window using make -fmakefile? Can you change the makefile to use NBC to download the exe without requiring nxtcom? It should be as simple as adding -d and -S=usb to the nbc command line (if you are connected via USB). If you are connecting via bluetooth then you will need additional changes.

It sounds like nxtcom is reporting this error code. Maybe it is this error:

#define LDR_ILLEGALFILENAME 0x9200 /*!< Filename length to long or attempted open a system file (*.rxe, *.rtm, or *.sys) for writing as a datafile. */

If that seems like a possibility then you should try using a file name that is less than 15 characters long plus a .rxe extension of course.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
nxt-ai

Post by nxt-ai »

spillerrec wrote: @nxt-ai,
I don't really know, but I think the error might be with connecting and transferring the program to the NXT and not the NXC code.
Crazy thing is only with this program (Test_create_file.nxc) any other program will download fine. :? ?
muntoo wrote:@nxt-ai Does simply compiling to an .rxe work? What have you tried? What did you do (exactly) to get the error?
Yes, compile to rxe is fine.
-------
Wow about to post but then read John Hanson's response, Odd thing is one can still download a long file using NeXT tools so what is the limitation here?
BTW:
Could we have a errors page on the NXC/NBC site for all error numbers people have noticed?
Or a sticky thread here?
afanofosc
Site Admin

Post by afanofosc »

Crazy thing is only with this program (Test_create_file.nxc) any other program will download fine. ?
So did you see my message above? test_create_file == 16 characters which is one too long.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
nxt-ai

filename limit

Post by nxt-ai »

Sorry I took awhile to post, I intended that anything above the:
-------
meant before the edit, sorry.

On the 16 character thing though, if I could make a feature request that in the next compiler could we have error message of at least: "file-name over 16 characters" instead of #92 if that is not too much work. Or like in NeXT Tools where the rest of the file-name is cut off.

My apologies for wasting anyone's time and thank you for putting up with my long thread.
:D