USB Tower and RCX and win2K

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
mesheets

Re: USB Tower and RCX and win2K

Post by mesheets »

sparramc wrote: Both the Serial & USB versions of the RCX Towers work fine on my LinuxMint amd64 Box
With the exception that, as noted above, the Linux USB Tower driver does not implement support for all the capabilities of the USB Tower (including such things as baud rate and carrier frequency).

sparramc wrote: legousbtower-0.5.4.tar.gz source code may be of some use to you Matt? Can't remember where I found it..
That was from the Lego USB project also here on SourceForge. That project dates back prior to the time of the Lego USB tower driver being included in the kernel. Now that the driver is included in the kernel, this project is no longer needed (though driver updates to support some of the additional USB Tower capabilities would be very nice). If I recall correctly, when building the kernel, the Lego USB Tower module can be selected under the USB Misc drivers section. The actual config line to build it as a kernel module is as follows:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_USB_LEGOTOWER=m
sparramc wrote: Pays to have the Tower Connected when you install Linux, rather than trying to get it working manually....
This depends somewhat on the flavor of Linux being used. If using SliTaz with the USB Misc driver package installed, it should be a fairly straightforward plug-and-play, with little other installation or configuration necessary....