Bluetooth camera control

Discussion specific to projects ideas and support.
h-g-t

Bluetooth camera control

Post by h-g-t »

I have seen proprietary devices which use a Bluetooth dongle plugged into the USB port on a camera in order to control the focus and shutter.

After hours of searching, I can only find code for an Arduino to fulfill the same function.

Does anyone know if there is a NXT program to carry out the same function?

Using Bluetooth in this way would be cheaper than the alternatives as well as freeing up a NXT port.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
mattallen37

Re: Bluetooth camera control

Post by mattallen37 »

I haven't heard of something like that for the NXT, but it might be possible. The NXT BT module only supports serial (like UART), not HID or any other BT protocol.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
h-g-t

Re: Bluetooth camera control

Post by h-g-t »

Thanks, the limited protocols probably rules that out then.

I have a long-term (meaning I don't know how to do it) project to use an expansion board to drive a 4 line display. That should leave enough free lines for limited camera control so I will probably try that, eventually.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.