Building large wheels

Share your building instructions or ask questions about constructing your robot
stryker001

Re: Building large wheels

Post by stryker001 »

That's... That's pretty fantastic! I should try that.
stryker001

Post by stryker001 »

wow I feel stupid. -_-

I bought the HT Gyro and didn't realize until just now that apparently it only reads one axis! :( I really should have gotten the Dexter Industries one. :/

Maybe I'll get that one too and sell my Gyro/Accel sensors to someone else.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

Yeah, the dIMU is really good. However, the HT accelerometer is more precise (10-bits over a 4g range, instead of over a 16g range). In practice, it hasn't seemed to be an issue for me, even though it is 4 times less precise. The Gyro is just the opposite though. It has 16-bit resolution on all ranges. The only downside I know of, is that It is somewhat noisy, so you will want to integrate it or use a filter.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
stryker001

Post by stryker001 »

mattallen37 wrote:The Gyro is just the opposite though. It has 16-bit resolution on all ranges. The only downside I know of, is that It is somewhat noisy, so you will want to integrate it or use a filter.
Do you mean the Gyro in the dIMU? or the gyro in the HT sensor?

And do you think I could get rid of these things on Bricklink? If not I probably have a friend who'd be interested, but I thought I'd try BL first. I have no idea what to charge for them though.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

stryker001 wrote:
mattallen37 wrote:The Gyro is just the opposite though. It has 16-bit resolution on all ranges. The only downside I know of, is that It is somewhat noisy, so you will want to integrate it or use a filter.
Do you mean the Gyro in the dIMU? or the gyro in the HT sensor?

And do you think I could get rid of these things on Bricklink? If not I probably have a friend who'd be interested, but I thought I'd try BL first. I have no idea what to charge for them though.
Yes I was talking about the Gyro on the dIMU. The HT gyro is analog, so it relies on the NXT ADC (10-bit).

You could list them on BL, but I would go with eBay. As far as price, list them for $55 or $60 "but-it-now or best offer", and give free shipping in the continental USA. I have sold (used) HT sensors on there for over retail, but I pay shipping (plus all the fees).
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
stryker001

Post by stryker001 »

mattallen37 wrote:The HT gyro is analog, so it relies on the NXT ADC (10-bit).
ah.
You could list them on BL, but I would go with eBay. As far as price, list them for $55 or $60 "but-it-now or best offer", and give free shipping in the continental USA. I have sold (used) HT sensors on there for over retail, but I pay shipping (plus all the fees).
Alrighty! I don't know if my friend will want them (I emailed him about them), but he doesn't and no-one else I'm in contact with does, I'll definitely try eBay or something.