Putting multiple lights in an NXT robot

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
ricardocrl

Re: Putting multiple lights in an NXT robot

Post by ricardocrl »

Oh, yes! I knew that it doesn't support the LEGO color sensor. It's not the first time I think about it. But everything goes fast in this mind. :P

I also know that HiTechnic is not LEGO, but still is "more" LEGO than cutting/soldering/opening stuff. ;) I'm not completely against that, but that's another story, that we don't need to feed again and again. eheh
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Have you thought of having a central LED light source and a bundle of fibre-optic cables to carry light to various parts of the model? Cheap if you buy it in bulk and if you melt the end it will probably form a miniature light bulb. One of my cars had only one bulb for all the dashboard and switch illumination with fo cables carrying the light so it does work.

The old Lego kits actually had one of these that you could fit to a motor which rotated it to send light down different fo cables in sequence.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
ricardocrl

Post by ricardocrl »

That's actually something I had already had in mind. ;-) I would need a servo motor to control the angle and produce the desired light. LEGO could come with that again. It produced a good light effect, specially in the unforgettable Space Shuttle 8480!

Hm... I'm starting having other good ideas! Thanks for pointing that!