List of errors

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
borntoown

Re: List of errors

Post by borntoown »

Thanks for helping. I'm exercising on my own.
Last edited by borntoown on 21 Nov 2010, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
B2O productions are the best for the best.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

Being called a "kid" is not an insult. I think he meant that since you are 13, you could still qualify as not being an adult, so that would make you a "kid".

You don't need to know much NXC at all, to start. I started attempting to write NQC code (for the RCX) before I knew really anything about text coding (that was actually almost exactly one year ago). It took me hours of trying, before I could even get a motor to run. I am still learning. Once you have BCC installed, and the settings all proper, dig right in. You learn as you go. I know that for me, I could read pages about programming, but unless I had a practical application for the information, I would forget it really quickly. That is why I think it best to learn as you need to know.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
m-goldberg

Post by m-goldberg »

For someone just starting out with NXC, I recommend John Hansen's book, LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Power Programming. This is an in-depth introduction to NXC and NBC and will answer the most pressing of any beginner's questions.
Regards, Morton
dudmaster

Post by dudmaster »

"Gud" book. I have it. Double-tap the F9 key to view templates for NXC. It is better to know the logic of programming before starting NXC, so you don't have any trouble with programming. Here is my listing of levels: (easy to hard) > Enchanting > NXT-G > NXC > Java I am a user of all of these, but Java is the hardest.
2Labz.com, My Website