NXT-G PCF8591 block...

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
nxtreme

Re: NXT-G PCF8591 block...

Post by nxtreme »

No, the source code zip doesn't seem to contain any NXT-G stuff, just NXC code and a PDF. Thanks though! I should look at those NXC programs though. I've wanted to learn it (NXC) for a while, but haven't had enough free evenings to do so just yet. Eventually...
One King to rule them all, One King to find them,
One King to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
On Earth where Shadows lie.
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

I had never used anything like C before but I got bored over Xmas and re-wrote the NXT-G program I had been working on in NBC in just a couple of days. I then re-wrote it again in NXC.

If you pick a program you are familiar with, then you already have the logic set out in your mind and all you have to learn is the syntax of the new language.

I had looked at the other main languages and decided to stick with NXT-G before I installed BCC. I had looked at that as well but it seemed too complicated!

Now I am very happy with NXC and have added several features to my program because the system is so much easier to use than NXT-G. You don't have to learn it all, just the basics will get you started then you can learn the twiddly bits by looking at other programs.

I just wish I had installed BCC a year ago.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
nxtreme

Post by nxtreme »

Well, I guess I'll have to give it a try then ;). Thanks!
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

I would wait a week - some amendments to the firmware are impending and you might as well get the latest version.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

Well, updating is really easy, IMO.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
nxtreme

Post by nxtreme »

h-g-t wrote:I would wait a week - some amendments to the firmware are impending and you might as well get the latest version.
I probably wouldn't have time for at least a week anyways :). I'm trying to finish up a prototype product (doesn't include Mindstorms :(), hopefully before the end of this week. Thanks for the tip!
mattallen37 wrote:Well, updating is really easy, IMO.
Do you have to download the whole installer for an update, or just a patch? I have slowish internet (~40KBps day, ~120KBps night) so downloading anything big takes a while.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

IIRC, only the official releases have an installer, so probably only what is changed.
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)