Bricx Command Center and Vision Command

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
legoguyohman109

Bricx Command Center and Vision Command

Post by legoguyohman109 »

Well, I'm a new user to RCX and VC, but already using the bricx command center since I got this second hand (if you know what I mean), but without software. So that was a good option, I made my first programs in it, but now I am at this point.

So I want to let my robot drive in circles until it sees something, then it has to move to that object. After the object has gone (like I am using my hand as object), it needs to go drive circles again. If someone could send me the text of that program it would be really great.

If you need more info, feel free to ask!

LegoGuysOhMan109
HaWe

Re: Bricx Command Center and Vision Command

Post by HaWe »

I'm not sure but maybe this helps:
A simple example: a robot performs a movement with the LEGO Cam from the Vision Command for so long going forward until the touch sensor is pressed. This is unfortunately impossible with the Vision Command. The Vision Command doesn't add vision ability to a robot (neither to RIS RCX code nor to NQC), but offers this exclusively. In addition, it is only possible to give precise details, eg OnFor 50th It is not possible to turn the engine for good, or to run until the same or in another field, eg a color is detected.

Thus valuable functions in VC are not easily available! Do not worry: That does not mean that it is not at all possible! :-)

The VC software works as follows: One selects a particular grid, so that the camera image is divided into several fields. Each field then gets its own source code. For these are the limited number of VC commands. The source code for the various regions are then loaded when the program to the RCX. Therefore, executing the program also takes so long.

When the camera e.g. for example in box 1 motion states, sends it to the RCX "Message 1". For field 2, "Message 2" is sent, etc. Overall, the up to 8 because there are more than 8 subdivisions. There will be a real RCX program downloaded, it works with "Message Sensorwatchern".

Now, to write a program with all features, you first run the standard Robotics Invention System. There you can create a full program with loops, sensors, etc.. The commands for a particular camera area come under the appropriate "Message-sensor watcher".

If the program is finished, it must be downloaded to the RCX. It is recommended Memory 1, there may be no way to No. 5 because this is used by the VC.

Now the VC software is started. Select the desired pattern out there, and I set the fields on which to respond. Each area to be used in the source code must get at least one RCX-program block. Now start the program. If the RCX does not just get message from VC (this can be seen on display at the cone), choose the program memory, on which was previously the RCX code program is stored, and hit "Run".

If you want to use NQC, you can program the RCX program similarily of course.

(Authors: J. Dörr and HaWe)
legoguyohman109

Post by legoguyohman109 »

Well, thanks for the attempt to help, but the problem is is that I do NOT have the original software for RIS or VC, so I'll have to do with Bricxcc, or in case that someone sends me a correct SDK 2.5 program (I am trying to use that program too, but till now none of my own typed programs work, only those of others which I have copied), I'll can do with the SDK.

Or I have to get a FREE copy of the RIS software, and the one from VC.
But until then, I don't think I have any use for my LegoCam otherwise than using it as a webcam.
HaWe

Post by HaWe »

That's probably not possible, because the image processing is done by VC.
You can use NQC instead of RIS-RCX code (naybe even LegoSDK)) additionally to VC as I decribed, but if you read my post closely:
VC (with the VC USB cam) is not adding vision capability but offers it exclusively.
Any image recognition is done only by VC running on the PC. NQC and RCXcode (or LegoSDK) are running on the brick and have no way for USB cam image processing.