bluetooth headset connection

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
thunderf31

Re: bluetooth headset connection

Post by thunderf31 »

All of you thanks for your reply

just one last question is there a way to make the NXT brick produce a vibrating alert by using the motor or anything else ??
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

You could add one of these to the motor port through a resistor or voltage regulator. Don't know if the sensor ports could supply enough amperage to run one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pager-and-Cell-Ph ... 41580e14d2
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
mattallen37

Post by mattallen37 »

I'd use something more like this one. It is enclosed, so you don't have to worry about the mechanics of it as much. It is rated 75ma, so if you didn't use much of the sensor supply for other stuff, you could use it on a sensor port. To control it though, you would need a transistor to handle the power (use pin 5 to control the base, so you would turn in on and off like the light of the light sensor).
Matt
http://mattallen37.wordpress.com/

I'm all for gun control... that's why I use both hands when shooting ;)
thunderf31

Post by thunderf31 »

h-g-t and mattallen37 thanks for your help :)
but the thing is that i'm majored in software so i really have no knowledge in the hardware stuff.
Is it possible to connect this motor to the NXT? can you please tell exactly how to do it. i'm connecting 2 touch sensors and 1 ultrasonic sensor, so i'm not sure if the NXT can supply that much power?!

Sorry for annoying you with this much questions, and thanks again for your help..
gloomyandy

Post by gloomyandy »

Is there a reason not to simply use one of the lego motors, with an off centre rotor mounted on it? after all we are not exactly talking about a mass produced item here...
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

The NXT motors are MUCH larger more expensive and need a higher voltage. Imagine one inside your mobile phone.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
thunderf31

Post by thunderf31 »

gloomyandy wrote:Is there a reason not to simply use one of the lego motors, with an off centre rotor mounted on it? after all we are not exactly talking about a mass produced item here...
as h-t-g said the lego motor is much larger. BUT i'm really considering using lego motor because today i've tied one of the normal motor and i didn't figure out how to connect it. Also i tied the lego interactive servo motor, i rotate the motor forward and reverse to get the suitable vibration(but it didn't work as i wanted it:( ).so here is my questions:
- i have read some where over the internet that i can remove a part of the interactive servo motor to make it smaller and keep the part that produces the vibration.is this really possible?
- is there other lego motor that produces vibration other than the interactive motor?

*Sorry if my questions seems naive ,it is my first time working with the NXT.
THANKS..
gloomyandy

Post by gloomyandy »

I know the NXT motors are much larger, use more power etc. But then so is the NXT brick. This is just a prototype, so why worry about the size of the motors or anything else. If you ever really turn this into a real product then it is the time to worry about such things. At this stage it is all about testing the concept and finding out how well things work. You know that you can get smaller vibrating motors, so why worry about it...

Andy