MindBOARDS NXT-G Block Repository

Any feedback to improve the content of this site is appreciated!
sidneys1

Re: MindBOARDS NXT-G Block Repository

Post by sidneys1 »

Arg.. I have NXT-G 1.0 (can't seem to find my 1.1 CD) and I went to find the obvious "Dynamic Block Update".. Only to find that LEGO doesn't host it anymore. I can't use custom blocks without it.. Does anyone know where I can get it?

Have a nice day,
~Sidneys1

EDIT: Aha, found it.
My Mindstorms website: http://sidneys1.com
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

The battery level block created by Guy Ziv seems to be hard to find today so here is a copy.
Battery Level 1-1.zip
NXT-G block to return the NXT battery level.
(113.62 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
muntoo

Post by muntoo »

h-g-t wrote:The battery level block created by Guy Ziv seems to be hard to find today so here is a copy.
Battery Level 1-1.zip
We've got the Battery Level Block, but thanks anyways. :)

Commit to LEGO Mindstorms Robotics Stack Exchange:
bit.ly/MindstormsSE

Commit to LEGO Stack Exchange: bit.ly/Area51LEGOcommit
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Don't know if this is any use to anyone but I have created a NXT-G 2.0 program to input numbers with up to 4 digits.

Use the left/ right keys to set the least significant digit then press the Enter key. This will move onto the next digit. When the last number is set the result is displayed. Sets from 0 to 9999. Looks like a 1-armed bandit hence the name.
Bandit PakNGo.zip
NXT-G 2.0 program to input numbers between 0 and 9999.
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 328 times
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Well, this IS embarrassing! After uploading the input program for large numbers, pavementpilot reminded me that, since most robots have wheels, using the rotation sensor as input can be a quick way of getting numbers into a program.

Not much use if you can't get access to a wheel and a bit tricky to get the number exactly right but takes up very little space. I have written an example in NXT-G 2.0 which just zeroes the rotation counter on Port A then displays the number of degrees the axle has turned. Stores the result at the same time in an output variable. Press Enter to exit the loop.
Wheel Input PakNGO.zip
Short program which uses the rotation of a NXT motor attached to a wheel on a robot to input data to the robot's program.
(195.76 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Look at the size compared to the last program!
Last edited by h-g-t on 12 Apr 2011, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
pavementpilot

Post by pavementpilot »

I cant take all the credit for input by motor. I was thinking of the dial remote on nxtprograms as an alternative.
The definition of insanity is doing a repeated task over and over again, but expecting a different outcome everytime
bungeshea

Post by bungeshea »

Thanks, but I am not looking for .RBTs that use the block. These will not work if you do not have the block in your palette. If you do not have a block in your palette that is being used in a program you have opened, it will apper blue with a messed up config panel and the name of the block on it (like a My Block). To download a block into your programming palette, you need the folder made by the creater. This folder contains VI labVIEW files that make the block work. (When you download the block the folder will be zipped, as you cannot upload folders as attatchments. For example, I have attatched Jason King's 'Text To Number' block. Unzip it and upload it to your palette with the Block Inport and Export Wizard.
If you own a block and you would like to post it online, you eather need to have a ZIP file that the creater of the block put the files into or you can export a block by going to the Block Import and Export wizard. Click on the 'Manage' tab, select the block you want and click on export to save the fil to your computer. if it is not zipped, do so before you upload it. Any questions, you can reply to this message or PM me.
Last edited by bungeshea on 13 Apr 2011, 10:04, edited 4 times in total.
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

Re Music Box block - don't have a Scooby how block this works (or even if it does) but I will post it for the experts to look at.

Link to site with comments and a snapshot of the input (download link invalid):-

http://us.mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/Com ... mments=all

Link to site with program from which I extracted the block (can't see how that can possibly work either!) :-

http://us.mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/Com ... b53884819a

And the block on it's own :-
Music Box.zip
NXT-G block
(61.56 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

I have a 'Simple Array' block, don't know if it is the same as the one you were looking for. Appears to have been created on RobotC.
Simple Array 2.zip
'Simple Array' block - version 2.0
(100.41 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Couldn't find any reference to a program called 'Average Sound' but the Team Hassenplug site has pngs of 2 averaging (average1 & average2) programs and they both feature a sound block - could that be what you are looking for?