how do you program a custom sensor?

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
huddyyeo

how do you program a custom sensor?

Post by huddyyeo »

hi
i am looking to get a 6 axis imu as from here
http://www.cruizcore.com/e_p_robot05.html
it says right there
The CruizCore® XG1300L communicates with the Lego® Mindstorms NXT through the I2C bus. It implements a communication protocol compatible with Lego® NXT, and users can use their favorite programing tools to communicate with this device.
however it dosent specify what can be used.
how can i tell what nxt programming software can be used?
thanks
h-g-t

Re: how do you program a custom sensor?

Post by h-g-t »

From the website -

"The CruizCore® XG1300L communicates with the Lego® Mindstorms NXT through the I2C bus. It implements a communication protocol compatible with Lego® NXT, and users can use their favorite programing tools to communicate with this device."

There are both NXT-G blocks and NXC routines for accessing the I2C bus and, presumably, virtually all the other programming languages can use it as well.

They don't give out details of the actual code required but I presume that comes with the device once you have spent your $85 plus p&p, etc.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
huddyyeo

Re: how do you program a custom sensor?

Post by huddyyeo »