Stuck in slave mode

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
azhepcat

Stuck in slave mode

Post by azhepcat »

My NXT seems to be stuck in slave mode. I can connect to it with my phone or my computer on channel 0, channel 1,2 and 3 just give me the "line is busy" error. I've tried deleting all pairings on all devices and then repairing with no success. It still only connects to channel 0. Channel 0 won't work for what I want to do. I'm trying to write an android program to send numerical values to the NXT's mailboxes. Any ideas?
gloomyandy

Re: Stuck in slave mode

Post by gloomyandy »

The NXT Bluetooth module only supports a single inbound connection, if you want to use the other connections they have to be initiated from the NXT...
azhepcat

Post by azhepcat »

That is what I'm trying. I keep getting the "busy" message.
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

The NXT can not connect as both a master and a slave at the same time. (not sure if that's what's happening)

Is there a reason your NXT can't be the slave? That's how it's normally configured when connected from a phone.

Can you explain a bit more about how you're trying to connect?

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
azhepcat

Post by azhepcat »

I'm trying to use my phone as a controller for the HTway balancing robot. I want to use the HTway-BT program from Hitechnic but instead of using another NXT brick as a controller, I want to use the Android program I wrote. I don't think it is possible to write to the mailboxes when connected via channel 0.
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

Yes, it is possible to send to a Mailbox when connected from 0.

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->