Ultrasonic Sensor and Sound Sensor

Discussion specific to the intelligent brick, sensors, motors, and more.
legoesl

Ultrasonic Sensor and Sound Sensor

Post by legoesl »

Hello,

Does anyone here know how to find or change the chirp period of the ultrasonic sensor through MATLAB or anything?

For the sound sensor, the data from the sound sensor is in [0...1023]. Does anyone know how it is related to the DB unit?

I'm new with the NXT and this site too. Thanks for helping. :D
HaWe

Re: Ultrasonic Sensor and Sound Sensor

Post by HaWe »

hi,
in standard continuous shot mode the US shot frequency is hardware-coded - no chance to change it. On the other hand, you may select your own frequency by using the single shot mode (maybe not easy already for a beginner).
For the sound sensor, there is a dbA reading mode.
At least in the first case I recommend to use NXC instead of NXT-G for programming.
legoesl

Re: Ultrasonic Sensor and Sound Sensor

Post by legoesl »

doc-helmut wrote:hi,
in standard continuous shot mode the US shot frequency is hardware-coded - no chance to change it. On the other hand, you may select your own frequency by using the single shot mode (maybe not easy already for a beginner).
For the sound sensor, there is a dbA reading mode.
At least in the first case I recommend to use NXC instead of NXT-G for programming.

Thank you. I'm using the MatLab to program the nxt now. When I get the sound sensor readings in Matlab, it returns numbers in the range of [0 1023]. I'm curious what the actual dB or dBA values of the readings are.