NXT guitarist robot

Discussion specific to projects ideas and support.
stopkal

NXT guitarist robot

Post by stopkal »

Hello, i try to find out the software to my homework, but i really never used this before.
So, i have to write an exetucable program, witch plays a note from a tabulature, maybe with the color sensor, it has to be find out the caracter, and then searc the frets on the guitar. There are 3 servos in each string. Its a 4 string bass, but i'll be happy if someone can help me with only one.
I have only the software, but not the nxt hardware.
Onec the sensor sees the character, it has to be calculate the length of it, and then the 1st servo goes to this fret, then the other servo, moved by the first, pulls the string, and the 3rd servo can pick the string.
Please, if someone can write a code for it, or can help me to do that in 2-3 days, write!!!!!!
THX for all
pbenco

Re: NXT guitarist robot

Post by pbenco »

Dear stopkal

It's impossible to help you:
- No hardware pictured
- No software proposed
- No bug report (I guess it's because you have nothing to show! Right?)

SO, here there remains an honor code, we DO NOT do the homeworks for someone else, but we will be more than happy to help you if you're doing your homework seriously, and having trouble with hard or soft or construction...

Came back with some work smelling sweat, best regards
Ben
P.S. If you want to "read" a tablature, have a look at the sudoku solver http://tiltedtwister.com/sudokusolver.html, and extract the letter recognizing process, adapt it to get the number on the lines, and dispatch the recognized touch on frets into commands for your arm's/finger's motors...
In 2 days, good luck!
pbenco.wordpress.com/
stopkal

Post by stopkal »

Thanks for your reply!
I have a 44 pages own works from it, but its all hungarian...
I've did a model in solid works, and want to use LeJOS, write the code in netbeans, and run it on pc, connected to the NXT brick via USB cable.
So i have not an easy work in it, just get problem with the final date, and the software.
I can write JAVA programs in netbeans, but i've never programmed robots.
I read a lot about LeJOS, but can't find an "instruction set" for NXT JAVA.
The biggest problem, that i only find one useful information: servos must be linked/named by the port 1 2 3.
But how could i say them to rotate x degrees, or y times fully?
i mean servo1.rotate(), or something like this.
is someone link me a list of the commands, i'll be done in one day. thx
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.