Copying/ Transfering files from NXT to PC

Discussion specific to projects ideas and support.
thansenkannxt

Copying/ Transfering files from NXT to PC

Post by thansenkannxt »

Hello

I have made a program for datalogging inspired by good suggestions on the web and now I would like to make a copy of the log-file to my PC as part of the program. As example every 60 sec.
The memory space in the NXT is quickly filled and further I will get fast access to the data I have collected.
Can I use the FileAccess module for this ?
It seems to me it only write data to NXT display ?

I use
Lego Mindstorms NXT Version 2.0
Windows 7

I am new here. Please help me

Best regards

Thomas
mcsummation

Re: Copying/ Transfering files from NXT to PC

Post by mcsummation »

Take a look at this thread - https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/mind ... f=3&t=1357. John pointed to a previous discussion and I posted a small block of code. I know my code works from a Master to a Slave NXT, but I do not know if it will work to a PC. It seems that the discussion John pointed to does.
thansenkannxt

Post by thansenkannxt »

Hello

Thank you but how do I implement code in my LEGO software ?

Is it possible to view the module´s as text ?

Best regards

Thomas
h-g-t

Post by h-g-t »

I'm no expert but I doubt if NXT-G program running on a NXT can send a file directly to a computer. The only references I can recall are using NXT-G to inspect the contents of the NXT and uploading/ downloading files that way.

There is a guide to datalogging with NXT-G here http://www.teamhassenplug.org/NXT/DataL ... ogging.htm and that suggests using NXT-G, as opposed to the program running on the NXT, to transfer files.

I think you would have to use one of the other programs (NXC, LabView or RobotC, etc.) to do what you want.
A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination that can at all times command an interminable and inconsistent series of arguments to malign an opponent and to glorify himself.
thansenkannxt

Post by thansenkannxt »

Hello

Yes www.teamhassenplug.org upload the files to PC manually through the NXT window.

I just wonder about whether these commands are possible to use as part of a program ?

Lets see what happens

Best regards

Thomas