Brickworld 2011 Super Sized Sumo Event

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
inxt-generation

Re: Brickworld 2011 Super Sized Sumo Event

Post by inxt-generation »

I've posted the prelims:

A.K.A. NeXT-Generation.
"A kingdom of heaven for RobotC now has recursion!"
hassenplug

Post by hassenplug »

I want to point out that "Double Trouble" was one of the best robots at the event, and came through what I believe was the toughest of the twelve pools.

Bryan Bonahoom brought a reprogrammed PSumo robot, which is pretty good, but turned out to be the fourth best robot in that pool.
I brought my "Reactor" robot, which has won more than one sumo event, and it was third in that pool.
inxt's "Double Trouble" was second in the pool, but advanced to the next round as a "second-chance" robot because of it's high score.
The winner of that pool was Ron McRae's "Decoy" which finished second in the competition.

That's a pretty formidable list of builders, and robots.

Well done, inxt-generation

Steve
---> Link to lots of MINDSTORMS stuff under my picture --->
inxt-generation

hassenplug wrote:I want to point out that "Double Trouble" was one of the best robots at the event, and came through what I believe was the toughest of the twelve pools.

Bryan Bonahoom brought a reprogrammed PSumo robot, which is pretty good, but turned out to be the fourth best robot in that pool.
I brought my "Reactor" robot, which has won more than one sumo event, and it was third in that pool.
inxt's "Double Trouble" was second in the pool, but advanced to the next round as a "second-chance" robot because of it's high score.
The winner of that pool was Ron McRae's "Decoy" which finished second in the competition.

That's a pretty formidable list of builders, and robots.

Well done, inxt-generation

Steve
I am giving great thanks to you!! :D :P It is an honor to have one of the most famous MindStorms builders think so highly of my design.
A.K.A. NeXT-Generation.
inxt-generation

Sumo finals & Mellee.

A.K.A. NeXT-Generation.