uSerial compilation problem under Linux amd64

Discussion specific to NXT-G, NXC, NBC, RobotC, Lejos, and more.
slavkozn

uSerial compilation problem under Linux amd64

Post by slavkozn »

Hi,

i tried to compile svn r556, but compilation ends with error:

Code: Select all

Compiling /home/slavko/projekty/svn/export/bricxcc-3.3+svn556/bricktools/uSerial.pas
uSerial.pas(364,10) Error: function header doesn't match the previous declaration "SerialSetRTS(Boolean):Boolean;"
uSerial.pas(18,10) Hint: Found declaration: SerialSetRTS(LongInt,Boolean):Boolean;
uSerial.pas(368,10) Error: function header doesn't match the previous declaration "SerialSetDTR(Boolean):Boolean;"
uSerial.pas(17,10) Hint: Found declaration: SerialSetDTR(LongInt,Boolean):Boolean;
uSerial.pas(375) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)
now i am not sure what causes this problem, while i upgraded to fpc 2.4.4 in last days...

regards
afanofosc
Site Admin

Re: uSerial compilation problem under Linux amd64

Post by afanofosc »

I have checked in a fix for this defect. My apologies for not checking my changes with FPC before committing them. I haven't tried this on a 64-bit platform but it should at least compile. Revision 558.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
slavkozn

Post by slavkozn »

No apologies are needed, consider this as my contribution :-)

But now here is another problem:

Code: Select all

Compiling /home/slavko/projekty/svn/export/bricxcc-3.3+svn558/bricktools/uSerial.pas
... //some warnings
fantomfpc.pas(115,29) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got "Array[0..1] Of Byte", expected "Pointer"
uSerial.pas(219,10) Hint: Found declaration: SerialWrite(LongInt,Pointer,LongInt):LongInt;
fantomfpc.pas(116,40) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got "untyped", expected "Pointer"
uSerial.pas(219,10) Hint: Found declaration: SerialWrite(LongInt,Pointer,LongInt):LongInt;
fantomfpc.pas(2838) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /usr/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not specify a source file to be compiled)
make[2]: *** [uNBCInterface.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/slavko/projekty/svn/export/bricxcc-3.3+svn558/NXT'
regards
afanofosc
Site Admin

Post by afanofosc »

Thanks for bringing these errors to my attention. I just checked in a few more changes and have now actually pulled the source to my Mac and my 64-bit Ubuntu VM and successfully built the NBC compiler. The bricxcc.mak file which is used to build the unix source archive may still need some tweaking to have it create a tar that contains everything needed to build the compiler. I will check that later today, but if you try that and it doesn't work please let me know.

John Hansen
Multi-platform LEGO MINDSTORMS programming
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
slavkozn

Post by slavkozn »

i was success to build with svn r561, thanks. the debian amd64/i386 packages are updated and published :-)

regards
Slavko