You can download the BETA version by visiting: http://www.robotc.net/download/lego (Website may not be available yet)
Direct File Download: http://downloads.robotc.net/lego/ROBOTC ... _Beta1.exe
Before you can use ROBOTC for EV3, you will need to update your EV3's Firmware. You can do this from inside of ROBOTC - take a look at the "Getting Started" guide for more information.
During the development process, weâ€™ll be planning to release updates every 1-2 weeks with more functionality exposed with each update. For BETA #1, you can expect the following:
- General Motor Support (unregulated movements)
- PID Motor Support (regulated movements)
- Encoder Support (reading encoders + moving to encoder targets)
- Full EV3 Sensor Support
- Limited NXT Device Support (basic sensors + motors)
- EV3 LED Support
- Normal ROBOTC features - Debugger, Multitasking, Variables, Debug Stream, etc.
- Multiple Datasets for certain EV3 sensors (like Rate/Heading for Gyro)
- I2C / External Controller (TETRIX, MATRIX) Support
- LCD support (drawing/printing text)
- EV3 specific features (buttons, sounds)
- Bluetooth/Wifi specific commands
- Daisy Chaining EV3's together and using daisy chained motors/sensors
- Downloading via Bluetooth/WiFi
EV3 Getting Started Guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R9n ... sp=sharing
EV3 Function Reference:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBv ... sp=sharing
Creating a bootable microSD card:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a9v ... sp=sharing
Weâ€™ll also be keeping a list of known issues/reported issues on a separate document.
EV3 Known Issues/Bugs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mz- ... sp=sharing
Please post any bug reports/issues that you do not see on the â€œKnown Issuesâ€ document to this specific topic thread.
Thanks for trying out the EV3 version â€“ weâ€™re excited to continue developing it and making one of the best programming language available for the EV3 hardware!
Note: This thread is locked, if you want to comment, please use the thread on the ROBOTC forums. This will keep the information in one place.