AVCampos Introduction

News, rumors, and other broad discussion topics.
avcampos

AVCampos Introduction

Post by avcampos »

Hi all!

I'm Alexandre, and I'm from Portugal. I have a background in electrical engineering (almost finished the degree), and I always loved LEGO from my early days, so much that I never had my "dark age". From those two aspects of me, it's not very surprising that my favourite themes are Technic and MINDSTORMS (and Space too, particularly M:Tron).

Besides being a member of PLUG (Portuguese LEGO Users Group), I'm also a co-blogger of TechnicBRICKs (which I represent as LEGO Ambassador), and am part of the latest edition of the MCP.

As otherwise I'd be overwhelmed with trying to keep up with lots of communities (I also occasionally pop up at Eurobricks, and there are also my non-LEGO hobbies), so far I've been just lurking around concerning MINDSTORMS. However, I'm facing some difficulties with a project commissioned by PLUG, so I hope I'll be inspired by the gurus here! (and, in return, hope to at least inspire you guys a little with my contributions)
tcwan

Re: AVCampos Introduction

Post by tcwan »

avcampos wrote:Hi all!

I'm Alexandre, and I'm from Portugal. I have a background in electrical engineering (almost finished the degree), and I always loved LEGO from my early days, so much that I never had my "dark age". From those two aspects of me, it's not very surprising that my favourite themes are Technic and MINDSTORMS (and Space too, particularly M:Tron).

Besides being a member of PLUG (Portuguese LEGO Users Group), I'm also a co-blogger of TechnicBRICKs (which I represent as LEGO Ambassador), and am part of the latest edition of the MCP.

As otherwise I'd be overwhelmed with trying to keep up with lots of communities (I also occasionally pop up at Eurobricks, and there are also my non-LEGO hobbies), so far I've been just lurking around concerning MINDSTORMS. However, I'm facing some difficulties with a project commissioned by PLUG, so I hope I'll be inspired by the gurus here! (and, in return, hope to at least inspire you guys a little with my contributions)
Welcome! There's lots of different talents represented here on Mindboards, though I feel that we're more focused on software / programming than on construction and physical design of robots. Nonetheless I'm sure that no problem is too difficult when there is a group of people who can come up with suggestions :D
avcampos

Re: AVCampos Introduction

Post by avcampos »

Thanks! 8-) Actually I enjoy building more than programming, so much that I created more RC contraptions than real, pBrick-powered robots. Must have something to do with having to spend the day programming as a job...